Re: Monthly check in

> It's been a month since we've had any traffic. By my reading of the
> archives we were still trying to decide:

Yeah, I would like to actually accomplish something with all of this
eventually.... ;-)
I don't think that we actually need a database for the whole site......but
if we do, we can just go with mysql.  It's not necessarily the best, but
probably everyone knows how to use it well.

Another option would be to publish everything in DocBook, and then use XSLT
to generate the pages.  That could take advantage of the GDP's existing
Docbook talent.

As for the whole Gnotices thing, I don't see why we don't just go to a human
moderation model - all comments are reviewed by a real person before being
posted.  Gnotices itself is definitely needed to keep interest in the
project.  getting rid of comments will just make GNOME look bad, even if it
may be the right thing to do.  We're kind of slaves of public opinion,
unfortunately.

    --Ryan