Re: Merged Comp

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:

> Hi,
> I have looked over the different comps submitted and done some Gimp
> magic :)
> The basis off this comp is the one by   Joshua Eichorn but l have made
> the New software listing with a rounded corner like the ones by Martin
> Lee. I have also taken the section spanning foot logo frm Joakim's comp.
> I think this gives a small and clean looking design, yet it doesn't look
> too simplistic which I felt Joakims did.
>
> http://www.linuxrising.com/files/comp-chrschaller-01.png

I quite like Christian's use of icons across the top and also for the
sections, but I actually prefer Joakim's comp.  It's warm, inviting, easy to
read, layout's good.

Christian's reminder of gtk and gimp related sites is excellent.  Perhaps the
GNOME foundation link can be done similarly, while maintaining About,
Community, Development, Projects, Software & News as subheadings for this
site.  Perhaps Software should be Download.  Again I'm venturing into contact.

Good stuff everyone!

--
Michael Davies         "Do what you think is interesting, do something that
michaeld senet com au   you think is fun and worthwhile, because otherwise