Developer areas

I'm thinking through the new site's structure and I need some help.
Would somebody please explain to me the differences and special needs of
these developer areas:

News -- http://developer.gnome.org/news/
Architecture -- http://developer.gnome.org/arch/
Documentation -- http://developer.gnome.org/doc/
Tools -- http://developer.gnome.org/tools/bug.html

My comments:
* Why is there a separate news page just for summaries? If the new news
area (now called "GNotices") was better structured/searchable, would
this other section be necessary?
* Architecture seems like it should be a subset of Documentation. In
every case, the only links are to API doc sections. There seems to be a
lot of overlap between the two.
* Tools seems to include some things that didn't fit elsewhere. Wouldn't
CVS and Bug Tracker go better in a software area? How up to date are the
rest of the items here and are they still useful?

Other comments appreciated.

Steve Hall  [ digitect mindspring com ]