Re: Replacing Squishdot

On Saturday 25 August 2001 13:11, Christian Schaller wrote:

> I think if someone with the rights skills volunteered to create a new
> and better solution there would be no objections. Wether this
> solution means fixing Squishdot and getting things like moderation,
> accounts and some new sidebars working or replacing it with something
> else (PHP3 or..) is not that important I think.

I can take this task if you want. I have yet such a system written in
PHP4 (working yet in production envs) and adapting it to Gnotices
requirements, doesn't seem to be a very difficult task.

> The origianl resistance from gnome-hackers against removing Squishdot
> was more due to fear of another solution needing many months to get
> in place than a statement of support for Squishdot and Zope.

I could have it working in one month without any help. In less time
with help, of course.

Tomas V.V.Cox

PS.- Don't hesitate to ask me about my backgroud when needed.