Re: Localized Pages

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 02:25:47PM -0500, Bennett, Daniel wrote:
> 	Hey monkey boy, from his emails I believe he's saying that coming
> from his point of view -- as a non-native English speaking person --
> internationalization of something as technical as GNOME is a low priority..
> and offers up the idea of actually asking visitors if it's an issue or if
> most others, like him (being non-English), also think that the foreign
> languages can be a couple of clicks away without seriously cramping anyone's
> ability to successfully find information.

I'm a non-native speaker too. Fact is, we have the people to translate, and
we have the technology.

To assume that GNOME is something "technical" is a grave mistake. GNOME will
eventually be used by people like my mother, and it's a necessity to provide
localization.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim helixcode com - Radagast IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer