Re: Taking a step back for a moment......

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 12:14:03AM +0500, Ryan Muldoon wrote:
> category of software, and each type of app (gtk, gnome, component)
> should be clearly labelled as such (with an icon perhaps).  There should
> be an option to filter by type of app as well, so if someone just wants
> to see components, they can select "show only components" or something
> similar.

I disagree a little bit. People looking for a GTK/GNOME app are generally
users. They don't want to know about components. They don't even know what
components are. IMHO components should be under the developers section as a
separate categorised searchable 'applist'.

--
Sarel Botha

What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'.
Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality
assurance people in it's wake.