Re: Integrating 'G' Web Sites

>       I am in favor of a web site for the G-sites unification project.
>       Optimally, the unification page could host such resources as the
> web-developer page that some one had made from intro posts, (forgot who,
> sorry),  the CVS for the web page, developer specs, template files, ect..
> Beyons this, the site could act as a hierarchy (which is more along your
> line of thinking, I believe), linking the projects together with a common
> look and feel.

I don't really think a hierarchy is the best way to present it. I'd rather
have a place that would silently point me to other places. By 'silently' I mean
I should not feel like going to a completely different place (the look & feel here).

The following is intended for discussion:
Suppose I go to the section: Developer Documentation -> Glade.
Where should I be pointed to??? To the gnome.org's documentation page, where
there's some docs on glade, or off to glade's own documentation page???

I think this brings us to the following questions:
- What makes up Gnome?
- What is developed for Gnome (but is not Gnome)?
We should know the answers for this kind of questions beforehand.

Where these sub-sites would be hosted is (as my limited knowledge makes me think)
not really important. It would be nice, though, having a cohesive set of domain names.

> One suggestion that we had talked about on a prior project (Freedows), was
> to have each element have the same design elements, but change the
> coloration.

>       Thus the Gnome site would heavily use the White backround, ect, where the
> Developer site would have a 'tan' feel to it, but they would still use a
> black menu design on the left, with the same images for navigation (or
> whatever. This is just an example, of course, not a suggestion)

Guess that's nice. This would even prevents users from poking into API docs
while trying to find out how to configure Evolution's mail-filters. It
would be like: "This room looks different from the one I wanted to be at,
better go back!"

>       The complient sites could use a logo system at some part of the site
> (Part of the G-Family of websites) Think Go.com.

Agreed, although I don't like the 'Part of' part. A G-Family logo (linking
to G-Family's home page) would be nicer, IMHO.

>       The other question is what to call it.. G family and GWorld have been
> suggested, maybe some sort of GNUnification project, or some such.. We
> could have  a meeting place for the developers (the G-spot).. Err.
> Nevermind...
>       Does anyone else have comments? I think a set of Branded pages is the way
> to go..

Guess we can't decide this only us two!
Hey Mr.DJ, put the discussion on, I wanna flame with my baby... (Ooops!)