Introductions

Hi all, I'd like to contribute my spare time the project if I can. I'm an architect, and feel strongly about the need for some aesthetic design on the front end of things. My technical background is limited beyond HTML/CSS (although I spew element and attribute limitations for several browsers across Linux, Windows, and Apple platforms in my sleep). I've been creating web pages non-professionally for about five years now and currently maintain http://gedit.sourceforge.net/, and the soon to be released http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome-print/ (as soon as we get some content, heh). They're both deceptively simple looking, but are supposed to be lightweight. Both were 100% generated in a text editor.

Has anyone given thought to a way of breaking this project down into logical subsets? Maybe we could split into three logical groups into which everyone could focus on their strengths:

* Creative - Graphics, HTML design, the "look"
* Technical - Backend and page generation
* Content - The weak link, includes translations

This might focus communication to the decision makers for each area, as well as preventing the entire thing from looking like it was designed by committee. :)

I agree on the previously mentioned need to agree on target platforms (both OS and browser). For example, text on the HelixCode site looks miserable in Windows, which is inexcusable. Also agree on the internationalization of navigation symbology.

Steve Hall