Re: GNOME colors

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 07:38:41PM -0500, digitect wrote:
> [...]

I'm mainly trying to eliminate noise. A good color scheme could easily be
lost if it was presented in a too quickly done mockup of a web site, or the
other way around. I'm happy people like this way of working, as it makes it
easy to concentrate on one thing at a time.

>> Anyway, see what you think:

>> http://www.avmaria.com/gnome-color-proposal-1.png

> (All right, whoever's been watching from the curb thus far, say you didn't
> expect me to make a counter proposal.  ;)  I agree with Joakim steering clear of
> the blues. I think I could also settle for bolder if I had to, but I'm still not
> quite convinced. What if we backed off on the saturation a bit and leaned more
> green/yellow than red? Besides being a pretty popular palette these days, I
> think it also says GNOME:

> http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/colors-stevehall-01.png

Not bad, although I feel that "the bottom fell out", for lack of a better
term, in that all of the colors seem to have a lot of white in them. I like
the brown, though. Your yellow has a lot of green in it, which makes it seem
a little cold for my taste.

What do you know. You're a spring, I'm an autumn.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim helixcode com - Radagast IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer