Re: Are GnomeVFSVolume pointers supposed to be unique?

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 15:32 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> Well, for a given volume monitor, the volume pointers should at any time
> identify a volume uniquely. However, if it is unmounted and then mounted
> again it will have another identity.
>
> Is that what is happening? Or is it getting a "mounted" even when its
> already been added to the list of mounted volumes in the monitor?

It's definitely getting a "mounted" even when the volume is already in
the list of mounted volumes.  I haven't gone into the daemon-side code
to see what's going on.

In the meantime, I put in a band-aid in Nautilus so that it doesn't
choke on such remounted volumes.  This is not the stock Nautilus code;
it has the patch I sent a while ago to the list to show both  drives and
volumes on the desktop, e.g. so that you can access floppies easily.
However, it does look like the problem in gnome-vfs is general.

  Federico