Re: Replace gnome_vfs_open_url by gio

On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 10:47 +0100, Xavier Claessens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried a quick testing program but it does not seems to work... Here
> it finds the uri scheme "http" but
> g_app_info_get_default_for_uri_scheme() returns NULL.
>
> I attached my test program, could you please tell me what's wrong? If
> I get it working I'll make a patch to introduce
> g_file_get_default_handler().

Yes, g_app_info_get_default_for_uri_scheme() is hardcoded to return NULL
at the moment. The API is there, but not yet the implementation. Its on
the TODO list (http://live.gnome.org/GioToDo) to implement a plugin that
implements this by reading from gconf (glib can't link directly to gconf
of course).