g_file_secure_delete ??

Alex, will gio/gvfs able to provide a secure file delete feature, such
as the one by srm(1) from http://freeworld.thc.org/ ?

I know that secure data deletion means perform a lot of writes with
special values on data (and you need an random generator), but honestly
I don't know how exactly it's implemented (do you have to know the
target physical FS to write on?).

So I don't know if gio can implement it "directly" or you just have to
add an hook in gio-standalone (writing different implementations for
each supported FS/vFS), but I think it could be a really good addition
for final users.

Cheers, Luca