Re: gio-standalone release plan?

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 13:09 +0100, Marko Anastasov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a release of gio-standalone planned sometime soon?
> I'm asking from an application developer's stand point, as
> I have a little piece of code based on GFileInfo in PaperBox
> (in gnome svn), and I'll be making a (first) release in a few
> days. If no, then I guess I should make #defines and add
> a gnome-vfs based fallback. (Which is not such a big deal
> because the app atm already depends on libgnomeui for retrieving
> thumbnails.)
>
> I know that there are still things left to be done, but for
> many cases the library is already quite usable and IMHO a
> snapshot release would be great.

I hit a major milestone last week where gio has all the functionallity
required by nautilus. This means the API is getting pretty good, at
least wrt functionallity. So, I'll soon do a release of gio-standalone
and gvfs.

I'm not guaranteeing API stability quite yet though, since we want more
review first. Although changes are likely to be minor.