Nautilus, GnomeVFS, EEL: Ditch ChangeLogs/generate them at dist time?

Wouter [1] and Joe [2] proposed to get rid of ChangeLog and just
generate it on the fly at dist-time.

We could move the current ChangeLog to

  OChangeLog-20070101

and generate new logs with a command similar to

  svn -r "{2007-01-01}:HEAD" log

This would still allow us to split the ChangeLogs on demand, i.e. to
move the generated ChangeLog to an OChangeLog-foo location, and continue
with a new svn -r command.

What do you think maintainers, are you fine with this?
I'm mainly asking because I'd like to make my first commit.

[1] http://uwstopia.nl/blog/2006/12/gnome-changelog-policy
[2] http://joeshaw.org/2006/12/30/444

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>