Re: Patch to handle ENOTSUP

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 01:04 -0200, cascardo minaslivre org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've started writing some support for Extended Attributes for GNOME-VFS.
> As my first patch, I've added an errno code in
> gnome_vfs_result_from_errno_code. There are lots of other errno codes
> that could be converted, but most of them would require other
> GnomeVfsResult codes. In fact, there is even a pointer in the code to a
> bug in eazel.com (!!!).
>
> I may start updating some other error codes if I am allowed to add other
> GnomeVfsResult codes.
>
> Another thing I would like to add, but would imply in adding a lot to
> the API would be to set mime-type with the modules/methods. This way,
> when dowloading some file, its mime-type would be stored as an extended
> attribute based on the mime-type of the original source.
>
> If there is any interest in this feature, I am willing to start working
> on it, even if it's not feasible for 2.18. I think at least retrieving
> the mime-type would be cool for 2.18.

I'm working on a replacement for gnome-vfs (gvfs), hoping to replace
gnome-vfs, so we probably shouldn't add a lot of code/api to gnome-vfs
atm.

Adding error codes is probably ok, but we're API frozen right now.
I'll commit your ENOTSUP patch though.

He's a fast talking gay master criminal trapped in a world he never made.
She's a disco-crazy punk vampire with a flame-thrower. They fight crime!