Re: GNOME Roadmap - Information Request for gnome-vfs

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 00:37 +0300, Lucas Rocha wrote:
> Dear maintainer,
> GNOME 2.18 was released ~1 month ago, and we've all started to focus
> on the next development cycle. A new roadmapping process has been
> proposed[1] to know our short-term and long-term plans. The goal is to
> compose a GNOME-wide roadmap for the next stable releases. And we need
> your help to do this. It's important that you take a few minutes to
> reply to the following questions before May 7.
> ----
> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.20 (next 4 months, before feature and
>  UI freezes)?

I'm working on a replacement for gnome-vfs, calles GVFS. Hopefully it
will be finished for Gnome 2.20. As such, we won't be spending a lot of
time on gnome-vfs, since it will be phased out in favour of gvfs.

> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.22 (next year)?

If gvfs is not in time for 2.20, then we'll target 2.22.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an uncontrollable arachnophobic waffle chef on a mission from God. She's
a high-kicking streetsmart schoolgirl descended from a line of powerful
witches. They fight crime!