Re: Plans for gnome-vfs replacement
- From: "Murray Cumming" <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: "Alexander Larsson" <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: "gnome-vfs-list gnome org" <gnome-vfs-list gnome org>, Paolo Borelli <pborelli katamail com>, "gtk-devel-list gnome org" <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Paolo Maggi <paolo gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Plans for gnome-vfs replacement
- Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:59:45 +0200 (CEST)
> On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 12:55 +0200, Mathieu Lacage wrote:
>> On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 12:31 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
>> Do you dislike the idea of moving the GError as a member of the
>> GInputStream instance ?
> Its very uncommon, I'm not sure people will expect that. It will also
> break things from language mappings that handle GErrors in a special way
> (say, as an exception).
It wouldn't be impossible to wrap. We'd just have to check the per-object
error after every call, instead of checking an error parameter for every
call. We wouldn't be able to use the auto-generation stuff that expects it
to be a parameter.
For introspected bindings, the introspection data would have to specify
that there's a separate error to be checked.
Cairo also has a per-object error status which cairomm throws as an
I don't know what the advantages/disadvantages are.
>> > gssize (* read) (GInputStream *stream,
>> > void *buffer,
>> > gsize count,
>> > GError **error);
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev