libxdg-vfs and Gtk-Filechooser

Hi,

The experimental "libxdg-vfs" provides a generic interface to VFS libraries. It tries to autodetect the current desktop and then connects to Gnome-VFS or KIO by launching the backend executables xdg_vfs_gnome or xdg_vfs_kde.

http://www.scheinwelt.at/~norbertf/dadapt/files/xdg_utils/doc/libxdg-vfs.html

The target of "libxdg-vfs" would be giving applications access to ftp/smb shares etc... Of course this also involves bringing VFS access to filechoosers.

AFAIK Gtk-Filechooser has pluggable backends (GtkFilesystem). It would be interesting if it could also run on top of "libxdg-vfs". The problem is, that i couldn't find any documentation how to implement a GtkFilesystem module. Could you please give me an introduction and maybe tell me about the specific requirements for a GtkFilesystem? Perhaps i need to provide more functions through "libxdg-vfs": listing and mounting Volumes, obtaining icon-paths,...

Regards,

Norbert