Re: Gnome-VFS, computer: and mounting

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 13:51 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 12:40 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > The point of it is to display the Computer location to the user.
> > Nautilus mainly displays it and allows the user to mount/unmount
> > location. The exact set of drives/volumes displayed in this location is
> > what we currently think will give the best user experience, i.e. we
> > recently removed drives that support automounting from it.
> IIRC this was only removed from the file chooser and not computer:///,
> correct? E.g. computer:/// should still show a drive that is not
> mounted. We really really need this because

Ah, yeah. It was removed everywhere but in computer:///. I was mainly
making a statement that the stuff in computer:/// is not an "ABI" in the
sense that you can't programatically rely on whats in there. We change
stuff in there as we see fit to make the UI good.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a maverick flyboy shaman who must take medication to keep him sane. She's
a ditzy snooty advertising executive who hides her beauty behind a pair of
thick-framed spectacles. They fight crime!