Re: Gnome-VFS, computer: and mounting

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 12:40 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> The point of it is to display the Computer location to the user.
> Nautilus mainly displays it and allows the user to mount/unmount
> location. The exact set of drives/volumes displayed in this location is
> what we currently think will give the best user experience, i.e. we
> recently removed drives that support automounting from it.

IIRC this was only removed from the file chooser and not computer:///,
correct? E.g. computer:/// should still show a drive that is not
mounted. We really really need this because

 1. you want to be able to remount a volume
 2. maybe you are not privileged to access a volume
 3. maybe the volume is password protected

I'm aware that Mac OS X doesn't work this way but they don't have
functionality in the UI for any of this.

    David