Re: Fixing SMB browsing

Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 17:19 +0000, Nate Nielsen wrote:
>>We support this by putting the user name in the URI, that is: via the
>>'Connect to Server' box.
>
> That really isn't good enough. You can only use that by typing in the
> URI, never by browsing the network neighbourhood. Which is a very
> important and commonly used way of using smb shares.

You're right. I thought I had commit this code, but it looks like I
forgot. The idea was that when you browsed to a share, and then chose
'Connect to Server' from there it would show you the 'Connect to Server'
dialog with 'Windows Share' all nicely selected and ready for you to
customize, by changing the user name for example. But currently it just
displays an arcane (to the user) URI.

I'll remedy this as soon as I can, after which we'll have a decent UI
for using alternate credentials on SMB shares.

Cheers,
Nate