gnome vfs newbie implementing ftp ssh, and sftp for an existing application

Hi everyone, I'm new to the gnome api and I am attempting to use the gnome vfs library with an existing legacy application that needs the ability to perform ls, cp, mv, rm, etc functionality via the sftp, ftp, ssh, and file protocols. Is there a good example of how to do this somewhere? I'm able to implement this functionality for the file protocol, however I can't get it to work with sftp, ftp, and ssh. I'm assuming the reason is that I'm not handling the authentication correctly. So my first question is one do I allow for authentication through call backs and if so do I have to use the asynchronous operations in order to use callbacks? Another question I have is do I have to load the module for each protocol in order to perform the above functionality. Or do I just need to use the call backs and use the open, transfer, etc functions as is? Thank you for your time

Wen

Do you Yahoo!?