Re: I propose that GnomeVFS should support a variety of character set encoding for access to remote filesystem.

On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 13:35 +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Le dimanche 19 f�ier 2006 �8:12 +0900, Hyunsik Choi a �it :
> > I'm korean and use UTF8 as default encoding. However, most
> > servers that provide ftp or sftp service use EUC-KR as encoding.
>
> Try exporting G_BROKEN_FILENAMES=1 before launching your GNOME session.
>
> 	Xav

Thank you for your reply.

The way to export G_BROKEN_FILENAME=1 does not solve this problem.
Exporting G_BROKEN_FILENAME=1 allows application to treat all filenames
as the encoding of one's locale. Therefore, it is not solution. The
problem that we have to solve is that In the system that use UTF8 as
default encoding, it is when we try accessing to remote filesystem that
use other encodings, such as EUC-KR, EUC-JP, and blah. For detailed
description, I attached a screenshot.

Cheers,
Hyunsik Choi