How to use callbacks for authentication

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has an example on how to use callbacks for authentication?  The application I am creating will have the username and password and won't need user input, however, I'm not sure if I need to use callbacks. And if I do how do I create the callback and get it to launch? This application will need to be able to authenticate for ftp, sftp, and ssh. I found a sample file transfer (text-xfer.c)  that works with file://, but it is getting a GNOME_VFS_XFER_PROGRESS_STATUS_VFSERROR: Login failed error for GNOME_VFS_XFER_CHECKING_DESTINATION for ftp when I include the username and password in the URI. When I don't include it the program hangs. For sftp and ssh I get  GNOME_VFS_XFER_PROGRESS_STATUS_OK: GNOME_VFS_XFER_CHECKING_DESTINATION:
GNOME_VFS_XFER_PROGRESS_STATUS_VFSERROR: Access denied. I'm not sure how to get it to log in. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Wen