few questions ... one Segmentation fault

Hi @all,

I have started to use gnome-vfs into the buzztard projects
(www.buzztard.org) and have few questions:

1. How can I handle zip files? I have found no informations on the net
and only one short statement in the header file: extfs handle these. But
how to build a url thus I can recive a file from the zip archive? For
example I want to do thinks like that:
gnomevfs-info /path/to/myfile.zip#zip:/myfile.txt

This is like the tar.gz stuff and should work the same way.

2. Why gnome-vfs reports no error if a given uri in text is not valid or
makes non sense. I can for example try this and got no hint about an
error or something else: gnomevfs-info /path/to/myfile#blabla:#nonsense:

How to cover such stuff?

3. Why gnome-vfs needs only absolut paths and cannot work with other
path structures. Follwing call won't work:
gnomevfs-info file://./testfile

What I have to do? (expand it? Is there is a helper method to do this?)

4. If you try this: gnomevfs-info
file:///./myfile.tar.gz#gzip:#tar:/testfile you got a segmentation
fault. I think the problem is in the tar module.

Thanks a lot for your support ... I'am hanging around in the #gstreamer
channel with *waffel* as nick ... you can talk to me on this channel if
you need more information or discuss thinks :-)

Regards,

waffel (alias Thomas Wabner)