Re: gnome-vfs authentication dialogs

Rodney Dawes wrote:

On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 01:21 +0100, nf2 wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to develop a generic wrapper "libdesktop-adapter" for Gnome-VFS and KIO...

My problem is how to tell Gnome-VFS to pop up the standard authentication dialog when the password of a remote resource is required (like nautilus and the filechooser do). As Gnome-VFS doesn't have any GUI parts, i don't know where to find the API and code for this dialog. Is there any documentation about this?

The authentication dialog API is in libgnomeui. I don't know if it is
documented, or how well. You'd have to check the developer documentation
pages for it.

hmm ... didn't find any documentation...

is there a code sample how to use this? is it just calling the function

gnome_authentication_manager_push_async()

to install the right callback handler?

Btw.: Where is the code of Gnome-Filechooser in CVS?

The GtkFileChooser code is in gtk+ in CVS.
sorry, i meant the source code of the vfs-backend of the filechooser... i guess it's "gtkfilesystemgnomevfs.c".

thanks,

norbert