Re: Question on configuration.

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 10:30 -0500, Bill White wrote:
> I don't know if this is a gnome-vfs-sftp question or
> a nautilus question, but I'll ask here first.  My work
> machines and home machines are behind firewalls, which
> I can puncture with ssh as usual.  On home machine
> named crasher I can do this command from the command
> line:
>    ssh gateway.work.com sftp bwhite trunkles
> and I get a command line sftp session to my home
> directory on trunkles.work.com, which is a machine
> inside my work firewall.  But if I try "sftp://trunkles.work.com";
> in nautilus, it fails.  If I try
> "sftp://gateway.work.com/home/bwhite/trunkles"; in nautilus,
> it succeeds, and the expected directory is opened.  Unfortunately,
> gateway does not mount most of the interesting internal
> machines as a matter of policy, and I can't see much of
> what I need to see.  I can see them from trunkles, my
> personal desktop.  There is an analogous problem when I
> try to mount my home machine from my work machine.
>
> So, my question is, is there any way to tell nautilus,
> or gnome-vfs-sftp, to open an sftp connection via a
> gateway like this?

Can't you set up "ssh trunkles.work.com" (or "ssh trunkles") to
automatically use the gateway using ~/.ssh/config. That should make
gnome-vfs work with it I think.

He's a fast talking voodoo waffle chef on the wrong side of the law. She's a
vivacious streetsmart traffic cop from the wrong side of the tracks. They
fight crime!