Question on configuration.

I don't know if this is a gnome-vfs-sftp question or
a nautilus question, but I'll ask here first.  My work
machines and home machines are behind firewalls, which
I can puncture with ssh as usual.  On home machine
named crasher I can do this command from the command
line:
  ssh gateway.work.com sftp bwhite trunkles
and I get a command line sftp session to my home
directory on trunkles.work.com, which is a machine
inside my work firewall.  But if I try "sftp://trunkles.work.com";
in nautilus, it fails.  If I try
"sftp://gateway.work.com/home/bwhite/trunkles"; in nautilus,
it succeeds, and the expected directory is opened.  Unfortunately,
gateway does not mount most of the interesting internal
machines as a matter of policy, and I can't see much of
what I need to see.  I can see them from trunkles, my
personal desktop.  There is an analogous problem when I
try to mount my home machine from my work machine.

So, my question is, is there any way to tell nautilus,
or gnome-vfs-sftp, to open an sftp connection via a
gateway like this?

Apologies if this is a FAQ.  I searched the archive but
did not see anything related.

TNX.
--
Codex Gratia Codici	   http://www.haveyounoshame.org
Bill White                 bill white griggsinst com