Re: Method for accessing SQL databases

A general method for accessing databases from GnomeVFS is probably not
particularly useful. WinFS is *very* different from just being a way
to reference databases as a filesystem like structure. I'd suggest
just writing a method that directly solves your problem, on your DB
structure. libgnomedb would be a great library to use in writing such
a method, particularly if you want it to access multiple kinds of DB.

You might also find the code in storage/vfs useful. storage-method.c
implements a pretty simple DB-backed VFS method that allows both query
URIs, and reading the contents of files by their oid. I'm directly
using PostgreSQL (I *think* because I needed large object support, and
gnome-db didn't have it at that point, maybe it does now), but it'd be
pretty easy to convert to use gnome-db.

-Seth