Re: SMB module authentication rewrite patch

Narayana Pattipati wrote:
a) Typing smb:// does not list workgroups for me. It was working without
the patch. I am not sure if someone else saw the same issue.

Hmmm, that's odd. It does work for me. Maybe the debug output will be indicate where the issue is. You'd have to run gnome-vfs-daemon from a terminal, which takes some antics:

# gnome-session-remove nautilus
# killall gnome-vfs-daemon
# /usr/libexec/gnome-vfs-daemon

... and then elsewhere start nautilus again ...

b) Entering smb://domain;username machine throws a password dialog but
it never authenticated user. Even after giving correct password, the
authentication dialog keeps coming. This is use case while adding a network place from network: location. User can either enter username or
go without user name. If user enters a username there, url becomes as
mentioned above, and user will encounter the problem.

True, that's odd. I'll look into it.

I will let you know if I see any other issues with the patch.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Nate