Re: SMB module authentication rewrite patch

Alexander Larsson wrote:
How is getting the SMBCCTX_FLAG_NO_AUTO_ANON patch accepted upstream
going? Non guest login on guest-supporting shares really isn't gonna
work at all without it.

I need to work on pushing this through. It seemed one of the main samba developers was interested (jeremy) and added his name to the bugzilla CC list, but I guess it's been forgotten. Will try to get it in.

Also, this code:
/* We have no credentials ... */
} else {
	DEBUG_SMB(("[auth] No credentials, returning null values\n"));
	strncpy (username_out, "", unmaxlen);
	strncpy (password_out, "", pwmaxlen);
	strncpy (domain_out, "", domainmaxlen);
}
is always gonna be called for the first time when you get an
authentication request. Shouldn't it try something else (the old code
did "no" "match" as user/pwd) so that it doesn't accidentally cause a
guest login that succeeds?

From looking at the libsmbclient code it seemed that empty strings were treated as the absense of credentials. So unless I'm wrong (with the above mentioned patch) this would result in a login failure without sending anything across the wire. But I'll check into this further.

Cheers,
Nate