Re: Recent changes to file method's get_access ()

> You changed a if (access (..., X_OK)) to
> if (g_file_test (...) == 0).

Oops, that was obviously wrong.

> I don't think we wanna use g_file_test on !Win32.

Maybe not.

(On Win32, at least for executability test, g_file_test() is much better, as access() (which is in the C library, it's not a "system call") doesn't really check anything except existence, and read-onlyness in case of W_OK tests. Win32 doesn't have the simple Unix concept of X bits. g_file_test() checks if the file name ends with a well-known extension for "executable" files. Maybe some day g_file_test() will be extended to look at the ACL of a file (if present). The ACL permissions do have a separate bit for executability. Checking ACL is a bit complex, though, so the code is not there yet.)

Thanks for noticing. Should there be some better test programs in gnome-vfs's test directory to catch obvious bugs like this? test-shell didn't when I run it on Linux after mu change... Or maybe I didn't use it extensively enough.

--tml