Re: gnome-vfs v. shared-mime-info

Hi,

The following is only valid for gnome-vfs 2.6 and later.
gnome-vfs uses shared-mime-info to get the mime type for a file (either
using extension, or file content). Some helpers functions have been
forgotten in the migration process though,
gnome_vfs_mime_get_description for example, and
gnome_vfs_mime_type_is_known for another example (I just discovered that
one ;)
To associate an app with your new mime type, you need to do it "the old
way", I think this involves installing a .applications or .keys file

Hope that helps,

Christophe