Re: Gnome-VFS depending on bonobo

> I have nothing against extra dependencies, not at all. Duplicating
> modules is of course evil. The goal should be to environment as a whole
> as lean as possible, I think. But if those extra dependencies are left
> completely unused in the runtime environment it's kind of unnecessary.
>
> I think it's possible cherry-pick features from the gnome libraries to a
> large extent as it is. But why not improve that possibility?

If these configure options aren't enabled by default, there will be very
few testers for them, and they will easily get broken because people
working on the lib won't test them. And other people will feel free to
complain if it's broken because the configure option exists. In short,
the mere existence of these options means more work for the maintainers
of the module.

Christophe