Re: KIO->GnomeVFS bridge started (looking for a Common-VFS)

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 08:37:09AM -0400, Jason Keirstead wrote:

> I would think that it should try to find a KIO slave first, and fall back on
> GVFS if absent. In a similar vein, if such a bridge were also written to use
> KIO slaves in Gnome, I would expect they would prefer the GVFS slaves and
> fall back on ours.
>
> Why would anyone would want a KDE application to prefer a GVFS slave over a
> KIO one? No matter how good the bridge it would still not be as efficient as
> a native KIO one.

IMHO, all applications should have the same preference order for their VFS.
Otherwise VFS bugs will show up inconsistently between apps, which is just a
pain for users to understand.

...as if anyone cared about efficiency by the time they're using kioslave!

Have fun,

Avery