Re: Redundant APIs in eel and gnome-vfs

Most of those functions were moved from eel to gnome-vfs about 1 year
ago, so it's not surprising that they are similar. They probably should
be removed from eel or deprecated.

> eel_make_uri_full_from_relative() seems to have a better implementation
> than it's gnome-vfs counterpart. Maybe those should be merged.

I looked at both implementations, and the gnome-vfs one is the same as
the eel one, except it has at least two bugs fixed. Is there something
in particular that you spotted as being wrong in the gnome-vfs version ?

> eel_uri_get_scheme() is not similar to the gnome-vfs counterpart. Use
> gnome-vfs instead?

The eel one operates on char* and the gnome-vfs one on GnomeVFSURI*,
both can be kept imo.

Thanks for bringing that up,

Christophe