Re: mime-info/user.keys can't be modified, please help.

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 11:15:26AM +0800, Paul Huang wrote:

> #this file was autogenerated by gnome-vfs-mime-info.
> #Do NOT EDIT BY HAND
> text/
>    default_application_id=openoffice
>    default_action_type=component
>
> I doubt if there is some backend process that keeps me from
> modifying the file user.keys.
>
> Can anybody give me any idea about
>
> 1. What should I do in this case to modify the file user.keys
>
> 2. Is this a bug of openoffice or gnome_mime_vfs?

Just a guess but,
The control center settings daemon is trying to keep text/* and
text/plain in sync.

    gnome-control-center/gnome-settings-daemon/gnome-settings-default-editor.c

You can disable it with
    /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/default_editor/sync_text_types

See if that fixes things.