Re: api duplication
- From: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
- To: Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie>
- Cc: Christophe Fergeau <teuf users sourceforge net>, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, GNOME 2 release team <release-team gnome org>, gnome-vfs-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: api duplication
- Date: 29 Jan 2003 11:43:39 +0100
Le mer 29/01/2003 à 11:37, Mark McLoughlin a écrit :
> Hi Christophe,
> On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 23:27, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > >
> > > It would be good to remove it but I really think it is too late for 2.2.
> > > We should postpone this for 2.4..
> > Postpone it to 2.4 ? Would it be accepted in spite of gnome commitment
> > to api/abi compatibility between major release ? Is a patch like the
> > attached one ok for now, and will we be allowed to remove the redundant
> > function at the beginning of the next development cycle ?
> No, you'd just deprecate it ...
Sorry for my previous mail, I was in a "let's clean everything" mood :)
Mark is right, of course..
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
] [Thread Prev