Re: api duplication
- From: Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie>
- To: Christophe Fergeau <teuf users sourceforge net>
- Cc: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, GNOME 2 release team <release-team gnome org>, gnome-vfs-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: api duplication
- Date: 29 Jan 2003 23:37:47 +1300
On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 23:27, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > It would be good to remove it but I really think it is too late for 2.2.
> > We should postpone this for 2.4..
> Postpone it to 2.4 ? Would it be accepted in spite of gnome commitment
> to api/abi compatibility between major release ? Is a patch like the
> attached one ok for now, and will we be allowed to remove the redundant
> function at the beginning of the next development cycle ?
No, you'd just deprecate it ...
] [Thread Prev