Re: SFTP method for GNOME VFS

On 7 Jan 2003, Bradford Hovinen wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 05:28, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > On 4 Jan 2003, Bradford Hovinen wrote:
> >
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > > I just recently wrote up an sftp method for GNOME VFS and put a tarball
> > > up at
> > >
> > > http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bghovinen/gnome-vfs-sftp-0.1.0.tar.gz
> > >
> > > I've tested it a bit with Nautilus and found that it mostly works quite
> > > well, though I still run into occasional bugs.
> > >
> > > It would be great if this could be included in gnome-vfs or
> > > gnome-vfs-extras at some point, though I would certainly understand the
> > > desire to wait until after the GNOME 2.2 release.
> >
> > It looks interesting yes. Although i would more like to see yakk finish
> > libssh so we can use that instead of forking ssh processes.
>
> I'm not entirely familiar with this work, though I did notice a private
> library in OpenSSH with that name. Is the latter meant to be an
> embryonic version?

It is written by yakk and has no relation to OpenSSH. It's availible in
the libssh module in gnome cvs.

> Do you know what the time frame for libssh is? If its completion is a
> long way off, it might still be best to include my work, at least as an
> intermediary. Also, do you know whether the library will include direct
> support for the sftp protocol? If not, then the code I wrote can be used
> with little modification.

I don't know status or timeframe, but its supposed to have support for
sftp and stuff like setting up port forwards when you're already
connected.

He's a fiendish misogynist househusband with a passion for fast cars. She's a
provocative blonde hooker who inherited a spooky stately manor from her late
maiden aunt. They fight crime!