Re: hiding the directory part of an uri in gnome_vfs_uri_to_string

Le jeu 27/02/2003 à 18:23, Alexander Larsson a écrit :
> On 26 Feb 2003, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Currently, it is possible to hide several parts of an URI when using
> > gnome_vfs_uri_to_string, but it's not possible to hide the directory
> > part. Is there any reason for that ? If there is no objections, I'd like
> > to commit the attached patch.
>
> The patch looks ok, but is there ever a reason to hide the directory?

Basically I wanted to get a string corresponding to an uri but without
the directory part (I'm playing with password caching in the ftp
password, and I wanted to use that string as a hash table key), and
getting that string wasn't as easy as I wanted since I couldn't find
some gnome_vfs_uri_get_root_uri function or some gnome_vfs_uri_set_dir
function. The only way I found to get such a string was to loop using
gnome_vfs_uri_get_parent which seems overkill for such an elementary
things.
So I wrote this patch :)

> Anyway if we want to commit this we need to branch gnome-vfs.

Right, I had forgotten about that. Committing this patch isn't really
urgent though, I guess it can be logged in bugzilla until gnome-vfs is
branched

Christophe