Re: adding new info to GnomeVFSFileInfo

> I think the way you do it basically does the same as "copying" the r,w,x
> bits valid for either user, group or others (depending on the relation
> "your" user has to the file). Right?

Currently, yes, with the little subtlety (don't know if this is written
that way) described in access man page.
The problem currently is that most apps using gnome-vfs to access files
will want to know that: "can the current process read/write/execute this
file ?". They aren't interested at all about getting extended access
information about an uri. If the framework you describe can provide a
function to easily get this information, and if it can be ready by the
end of october (which is the 2.2 freeze date iirc), then fine, just drop
my patch. Otherwise, I really think this patch (or another patch
returning the same kind of information) should go in for 2.2 One thing
not to forget though is that if these flags are added to gnome-vfs for
now, they'll have to stay for an undefinite amount of time...

Christophe