Re: questions about some functions

On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 10:26, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > 	gnome_vfs_preinit
> > 	gnome_vfs_loadinit
> > 	gnome_vfs_postinit
>
> WTH sort of crack are these ?

	Gnome-program inspired crack ? I guess there is some reason for a 3
pass process; I mean we can compile many languages in only 2 but ... ;-)

> Maybe we should just document them as "ancient medieval cruft, don't
> ever use" and deprecate them.

	Sounds good to me, we should add the #ifndef FOO_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
around them I guess.

> gnome_vfs_mime_shutdown shouldn't have been exported either. One should
> use gnome_vfs_shutdown(). We should deprecate it too.

	Yep.

> > i have also found gnome_vfs_icon_path_from_filename, isn't this
> > overlapped with gnome_program_* functions?
>
> Yeah, sort of.

	Incidentally - how does the new icon set stuff you did tie into the
gnome-vfs icon APIs Alex ? [ does it provide a new API instead ? ]

	Regards,

		Michael.