Re: questions about some functions

On 16 Dec 2002, Diego González wrote:

> there are some functions that seem quite private to me that are exposed
> to application programmers, for example:
>
> 	gnome_vfs_preinit
> 	gnome_vfs_loadinit
> 	gnome_vfs_postinit

WTH sort of crack are these? The first two are empty and the last one is
never ever called. (I greped for it in my local cvs checkout)

Maybe we should just document them as "ancient medieval cruft, don't
ever use" and deprecate them.

> these functions are only called by libgnome when initializing gnome-vfs.
> Shouldn't these functions be defined in a somewhat private header that
> would get installed in gnome-vfs-2.0/private? this also happends to
> gnome_vfs_mime_shutdown.

gnome_vfs_mime_shutdown shouldn't have been exported either. One should
use gnome_vfs_shutdown(). We should deprecate it too.

> i have also found gnome_vfs_icon_path_from_filename, isn't this
> overlapped with gnome_program_* functions?

Yeah, sort of.

He's an otherworldly devious messiah on the wrong side of the law. She's a
violent kleptomaniac vampire prone to fits of savage, blood-crazed rage. They
fight crime!