Re: ximian-smb branch merged

On 16 Dec 2002, Alex Graveley wrote:

> > > This cleans up the code quite a bit, and would be really nice to get
> > > mainlined.
> > >
> > > However looking through the spec, I see that we don't support dotted
> > > hostname -> NT domain mapping, or domain passed in the uri's authmech,
> > > or any of the querystring keywords...
> >
> > Yeah. When I initially wrote smb-method an earlier draft was the current
> > "standard". It would be nice to support more of this.
>
> Do you know if they are making a new version?  Maybe we should get
> involved so as to fix the issues with browsing.

According to the IETF rules i think it has to be updated or submitted as a
RFC when it expires.  So if we're interested in getting changes to it we
should move soon.

He's an impetuous amnesiac jungle king from a doomed world. She's a virginal
mute magician's assistant with the power to see death. They fight crime!