Re: NFS method

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 12:53:53AM +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 00:41, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 12:21:52AM +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > > I've been for a couple of days working on a NFS method for gnome-vfs
> > > (gnome-network/vfs) and just found out there's a disabled NFS module in
> > > gnome-vfs sources.
[...]
> > There is also some NFS functionality in the 'file' module in gnome-vfs
> > (it does NFS and AFS detection for various reasons). Personally, I'd
> > prefer to see something like this go in gnome-vfs, rather than
> > gnome-network; it's a filesystem, more than a network thing, since the
> > user does not really care that the files are accessed over a network.
> >
> well, I was doing it in gnome-network, hoping for future inclusion in
> gnome-vfs. Although, the NFS stuff I talk about is not about accessing
> already mounted volumes, but to be able to have a view of an unmounted
> one, exactly as you do with smb:

OK, I think we've established that you and Jan both have a better
holistic view of the situation than I do. The stuff in the file module
is client-side, accessing mounted systems stuff. I am now more informed
than I was an hour ago.

Malcolm

--
If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.