Re: Splitting gnome-utils for 3.4

On 2011-09-28 at 10:56, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 17:04 -0400, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
>
> > If there are no objections to this, I will try to setup the git magic
> > needed to filter out the submodules from the repository without losing
> > history and proceed to do the split soon after 3.2 is released.
> > Thoughts?
>
> Hi again,
>
> I went ahead and did the module split grunt work. [1] has preview git
> repositories for standalone modules; I made sure every module passes
> distcheck and everything seems to work fine so far.
> Additional testing and feedback from the module maintainers is very
> welcome at this point...I will probably push these to git.gnome.org next
> week if there are no issues.

thanks a lot Cosimo: this looks fantastic.

I think we'll have to do some administrivia work as well for this
switch: gnome-i18n will have to be notified, so that they can update
damned-lies; we'll also need to create different Bugzilla products and
migrate the bugs in bulk, as well as closing the gnome-utils product for
new bugs.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--