exclude directories from scan

Is there a way to exclude directories from the scan? I have a snapshot folder on my system owned by root that doubles the reported size without providing any useful information. It would be helpful if I could either hide that folder from the display or (preferably) not scan it in the first place.

I see the option to exclude devices from the filesystem scan. Perhaps this could be extended to also exclude directories.

Cheers,
Lee Colleton