Adding an option to automatically save screenshot to default filename

  Hi.

Recently I saw a description of how to take a screenshot on different
platforms¹.

Looking at the descriptions and testing gnome-screenshot made me realize
that usually when I take a screenshot, I would like the image to simply,
automatically be saved on my Desktop².

I was wondering if you would consider a patch adding that functionality
as an option?

I have cooked one up, which can be seen here:

 * http://koldfront.dk/git/gnome-utils/commit/?id=4ccaadc6585e9ad4f775bec0f1a216d8b375dd1c

I tried to avoid duplicating the core functionality (i.e. the details of
finding the filename and saving the data), so it won't be necessary to
remember to update "both parts" in the future.

The place I have succeeded the least in this, is the addition of
save_on_desktop_callback () which is a version of save_callback ()
without the references to the dialog.

Also, in try_to_save () I could perhaps have used some more variables
instead of the if ()-else with screenshot_xfer_uri () calls in both
branches; to me it is a close call, but I think this way is more
readable.

My C is quite rusty, so don't hesitate to comment.

                                 * * *

I really like pressing PrintScrn and having the screenshot appear on my
Desktop without any GUI popping up.

Let me know what you think, and if/how I should proceed.

  Thanks!

   Adam

¹ "How to take a Screenshot", mainly mocking Android:
   * http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1406462

² Similar to the behaviour of Mac OS X.

--
 "Management is a support function"                           Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo koldfront dk