Re: How to install gnome-utils on OpenSolaris?

On 13 Jul 2010, at 15:58, BenXS wrote:

> How to install (from cmdline) gnome-utils on OpenSolaris?

The gnome-utils package is split into several different packages on OpenSolaris, so you'll have to install them separately.  The command is generally 'pfexec pkg install <pkgname>'.

In OpenSolaris 2009.06, the corresponding package names are:

SUNWgnome-disk-analyzer (baobab)
SUNWgnome-log-viewer
SUNWgnome-search-tool
SUNWgnome-dictionary
SUNWgnome-screenshot

Most of these should already be installed by default. Note that gfloppy is not currently packaged for OpenSolaris.

> Resp. how do I find out (from cmdline) if gnome-utils is already installed?

'pkg info <pkgname>' will tell you.  You can list multiple package names if you want to check them all at once.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation Ireland Ltd.
mailto:calum benson oracle com         Solaris Desktop Team

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.